Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

"I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday To feel the Holy Spirit, To Listen & to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, a place of love & beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young; This is my sacred duty."

"I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll cov'nant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place Where we are sealed together. As a child of God, I've learned this truth: A family is forever."
I went to the temple to the sealing of my cousin, Kurt. I love sealings. I love seeing the love of the couple getting married and remembering my own sealing almost 5 years ago to the day. I also love to hear what each sealer says to the couple. That little nugget of wisdom to take with you to aply to your own marriage. One of the stand out thing for me was the 4 C's of David O McKay: Constant Courting, Constant Communication, Constant Compassion & Constant Compromise. It was another first to have the power go out while in the temple. It was a great day and wonderful to see family. The day was beautiful and Aley was a dream the entire day. I couldn't asked for better.

2 comments:

Party Of Five said...

Great pictures! Your little girl is so cute! Ava and Jackson definately look like you and Kellan but Aley has a different look to her. Too cute!

Devon said...

Such cute pictures! What fun to get to bring just Aley with you (I'm assuming, since you didn't mention the other two!) ;) And happy 5 year anniversary!

Post a Comment