Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Sleep!


I don't know why Bubba is so determined to push my every button. He has been getting especially needy at night. Not at bedtime, but at midnight and around 3-4am. I thought when Aley started sleeping through the night (almost a year ago) that after the kiddies were in bed I could relax and enjoy a good night's rest. Lately, Bubba has been trying to change this arrangement.

He has woken up in the middle of the night and cried because he can't find his baba (bottle), which he uses as a pacifier. Or he will come upstairs and try to climb into bed with me and Kellen. The first night I was so tired I didn't really know what was going on until I had a little heater snuggled up to my side. That wouldn't have been bad by itself, but then he just kept wiggling and I couldn't get any sleep from 4am on. That was night one. Night two started as a repeat of night one but before he could climb into bed I heard him coming up the stairs and intercepted and helped him get back into his own bed and find his baba.

This occurred for another night or two. Forgive me for not being more exact but at that time of night my memory isn't working and all I want is sleep. But I do know that one of those nights he woke up Ava also and she came up into our bed. This would be fine if we had a big bed. But we have a queen size bed and it can feel crowded with just Kellen and me. Imagine adding 2 more growing and wiggly bodies.

Then last night was the worst. He woke at midnight and couldn't find the ever allusive baba. I helped him back downstairs and got him settled back down with his blankies and his baba. I thought that would have solved the problem for the night. Not so lucky. The cries began again at 3am and his steps were heard. Kellen started the "get Bubba back in bed" operation. But mommy had to come and help and when I tried to leave the room he would start freaking. I didn't want Avez to wake up so I laid by him for about 20 minutes till I was sure he was asleep. Then I was finally able to get back into my own bed and sleep.

I didn't think that my nights would end up like this and it is starting to affect my days. I hope he sleeps better tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment