Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas at Cabelas


We had to choose the last Saturday before Christmas to go to Cabelas. Kellen had to go because his perfect Christmas gift was there. While he was busy at the gun counter, I was trying to keep 3 small children happy and content in the store. We started by looking at the deer, then the fish, then the bears and other animals on the mountain.By the time we made it over to the elephant, lions and rhino, everyone was fussing. And I was starting to run out of treats. We discovered Santa and this gave everyone a needed positive boost. Avez and Bubba went and sat on Santa's lap and then they wanted to decorate ornaments. I turned to help Avez place a sticker on her snowman and turned to look for Bubba. He was nowhere to be found. I began calling his name and looking but after 5 minutes was in full panic mode. An employee saw me looking for something and asked if she could help me find something. I said, "Yeah, my 2 year old." She sprang into action calling in a Code Adam. A discription of Bubba went out over the store and we began to go to the front of the store. I called Kellen and he began helping as well.
As we reached the front an employee was standing there with Bubba in her arms. A wave of relief swept over me. I grabbed him and she said that he was found in the men's room. She then said we should wash his face and hands. Apparently, he was trying to get a drink from one of the urinals and was licking and trying to drink the water. As much as that grossed me out I was just happy to have him back. He was happy as can be, none the wiser that he caused a panic. He was just happy to have gotten a chance to go where he wanted and be free.

My shopping trips are over for the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, Cabela's is Gods gift to earth. You should be so lucky to lose a child in that wonderful array of "nature meets civilization." Second, Jax is nicknamed Wacky Jaxy for drinking piss water. He is the new definition of potty mouth. Third, I would also like a new 9mm from Santa.

Anonymous said...

That santa claus is kinda freaky.

Kate said...

That is my worst fear or fears...one, losing a child in a store and two, having one of my children experience the toilet or urinal up close and personal. Ick.

Post a Comment